Sunday 19 August 2012

Hemroids Q&a

John asks…

Since I was a child I get blood on the toilet paper after wiping 5 or so times in a row. Is this hemroids?

I always assumed this was just from vigorous wiping and that everyone gets this on those unfortunate occasions that you need to wipe more than 5 or so time on one occasion or have several bowel movements in a day. It hurts when I am wiping and for the next few minutes and on occasion as long as an hour or so on worse days. The pain is more of an annoyance than a real problem. Is it normal to have this tissue paper-sort of irritation or is this actually hemroids?

admin answers:

I can't believe it, but I'm going to quote Howard Stern from his book Private Parts where he talks about his problems with anal fissures. Here are his rules for a healthier rectum: "I used to overwipe. I would scrape and strain. But you must only take three swipes and that's it. Oh, and stay away from dyed toilet paper. Use white and you'll be all right. If you feel dirty down there, jump in a shower and scrub down. But stick to the three-wipe maximum. "Also never push. Wait until that bowel movement is sliding out of your a-- before you go to the bowl. If you're pushing a lot, you probably need oat bran cereal for breakfast plu
Read more... Hemroids Q&a

No comments:

Post a Comment